Design Camp at LV market
Its been such a fun and exciting week in the world of Interior Design on the west coast. This week I got to go to my first Design Camp at Las Vegas Summer Market. I’d heard a lot of good things about Design Camp and was excited to take part in this special event. If you are at all considering attending a future one, I encourage you to do so. You will not be disappointed.
Lori and Kelli getting the day started.
Kelli Ellis and Lori Dennis have put together something that the design community has needed for years! a two day event packed with educational and inspirational speakers all designed to take your practice to the next level. Nice work ladies! As someone who’s been practicing design for nearly, um, 20 years. (Yes, I said 20) I wasn’t sure what design camp could teach me. But to my surprise I was both educated and inspired. From Bill Indursky’s fun presentation on current design trends, to Susanne Salk’s industry insights into how to get work published, to the brilliant Adam Japko’s talk on social media and marketing.
Design camp is also an opportunity to meet and connect with hundreds of designers from all around the country as well as discover great new market introductions from some of our favorite brands like Orient Express, Noir, Made Goods, Interlude Home, Lexington, Global Views, Lamps Plus, and others… Scavenger hunts, games, giveaways, parties, and educational workshops. Priceless.
Rona and I at Orient Express. Great furniture. Great people.
I sincerely feel blessed to have been included and look forward to taking part in future Design Camps. You’re never too old to learn a new thing or two.
Good times in Las Vegas
Hello Kelli and Lori… I just wanted to take a moment while everything was fresh in my mind to tell you how inspired I was by this week. The speaker lineup was fantastic and I took copious notes the entire time. Some of my favorites were:
- Bill Indursky, I won the web site development and can’t wait to get my site up and running.
- Aaron Danzig on positioning your brand and point of differentiation
- Roger Thomas’s incredible images and design process
- Kimberley Seldon’s dynamic “Business of Design” presentation where I probably learned the most and YES bought her books
- Katy Garrett’s Tech panel. I’m following up with Ross Barlett to learn more about his product and think I found my drawing solution.
- Chris Kennedy’s passionate furniture presentation.
- Phil Pallen’s humorous and hilariously funny approach to Twitter, and YES bought his book too.
Just attended Interior Design Camp in Vegas. I am Exhausted! It is just what I needed to get things into perspective. Thank you for seeing the need and having such great experts. I have tons of homework to do and lots of action to take.
Campers mingling with Speakers – Learn. Connect. Design. Succeed!